The Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA) is the only international airport in the country. The Immigration Office under the Department of Immigration has been issuing Nepali Tourist Visas to travelers upon their arrival. The ‘On Arrival’ visa process is very simple and efficient, they can be obtained at the entry and exit points of the airport.
You can also fill out an online form to apply for the visa if you don’t want to wait in queues during the peak travel seasons. Or, you can obtain a tourist visa from the Nepalese Diplomatic Mission stationed in your home country.
In case if you have obtained the Nepali Tourist Visa from Nepalese Diplomatic Missions, you need to enter the country within six months of the visa issue date. The total duration of your stay is counted only from the day you enter Nepal. If you are traveling via land, you can also get the ‘On Arrival’ visa at the Entry and Exit points in the border area.
Visa Fees at Entry Points in Nepal
There are generally three types of Nepali Tourist Visa you can get at the entry point:
- 15 Days Visa– Cost US$ 30
- 30 Days Visa– Cost US$ 50
- 90 Days Visa– Costs US$ 125
If you want to extend the tourist visa for your stay, you will have to pay for a minimum of 15 days of visa extension, which will cost US$ 45 (US$ 3 per day). In case of a delay in renewing the travel visa (less than 150 days), you will have to pay US$ 5 as a fine per day of the extended stay.
What Documents Do You Need to Apply for a Nepali Tourist Visa?
If you are applying for the Nepali Tourist Visa at the entry points of the country, you need to present the following valid documents to get your visa.
- Valid passport with at least 6 months of remaining due date and at least 2 blank visa page
- Filled visa application form
- Two passport-sized photographs
- Required visa fee, payable via cash or credit card
Also, note that the submitted application will remain in the system for just 15 days; after that, the application form will be deleted from the system. So make sure to fill out the form before your arrival in Nepal.
Entry Point to Nepal via Flight and Land
- Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA), Kathmandu
- Kakarvitta Jhapa, Eastern Nepal
- Kodari Sindhupalchowk, Northern Nepal
- Birgunj Parsa, Central Nepal
- Kailali (Mohana, Dhangadhi), Far-Western
- Rupanedhi (Belhiya, Bhairahawa), Western Nepal
- Banke (Jamuna, Nepalgunj), Mid-Western