Home » Manaslu Guide » Manaslu Trek Permit and Their Cost

Manaslu Trek Permit and Their Cost

The government of Nepal has declared some villages in Manaslu circuit as restricted areas to trek. These villages share borders with Tibet and thus has easier access to Tibet. The villages from Jagat to the village of Dharapani falls under the restricted areas.

Thus, you need a special trekking permit to Manaslu called as the restricted area permit. Also, solo trekking in the region is also not allowed. To apply for the restricted area permit, you must fulfill all the criteria of the Nepal government.

You must have a group of two or more trekkers. In addition to trekking partner/s, you must hire a guide. The guide must have trekking experience and a guide license. In addition to this, you must apply for your permit via a registered trekking agency in Nepal. (Contact Us. Exciting Nepal can help you acquire the trekking permits and a guide for your Manaslu Trek.)

Besides the restricted area permit, you will need two other permits. They are the Manaslu Conservation Area Permit and the Annapurna Conservation Area Permit. You will be walking inside the territory of these conservation areas. So, you must get these permits also.

If you have any plans on visiting the beautiful Tsum Valley, you need to get an additional permit called the Tsum Valley restricted area permit.

Manaslu Trekking Permits With Their Costs

Restricted Area Permit

Some of the VDC’s in Manaslu region shares the border with Tibet. Those places are the restricted areas for tourists to trek alone. To trek in the restricted areas, you will need to get a special permit called the restricted area permit. This permit is necessary until you trek from Jagat to Sama Gaun.

The cost of the restricted area permit varies with the number of days that you spend at the restricted areas. Also, the cost of the permit is different for trekking in different times of the year.

If you are trekking in some time between September to November, the cost of Manaslu RAP is USD 100 per person for the first seven days. For additional days (more than seven days), you must pay USD 15 per person per day.

If you are trekking in sometime between December to August, the permit costs USD 75 per person for the first seven days. If you are staying there for additional number of days, you have to pay USD 10 per person per day.

manaslu trek weather

Manaslu Conservation Area Permit

This Manaslu trek passes through some areas of the Manaslu Conservation Area. So, you will need the MCAP permit as you enter Philim. The Manaslu Conservation Area starts from Philim.

The cost of this permit remains constant. It will cost you USD 30 per person. Also, unlike for restricted area permit, there is no time restriction or additional costs.

Annapurna Conservation Area Permit

Just like the Manaslu Conservation Area permit, you will also require the Annapurna Conservation area permit during your Manaslu trek. The cost of Annapurna Conservation Area Permit is same as of MCAP, USD 30 per person.

Read These Notes!

  • You need to get both the ACAP and MCAP. Trekkers need individual ACAP, MCAP, and the restricted area permits for themselves.
  • You will not need a printed photograph for the restricted area permit. We apply for the permit online. While doing so, we will upload your photo online.
  • Carry the trekking permits with you throughout the trek. You might have to show them at various check posts and the conservation area entrances.
  • The TIMS (Trekking Information Management System) card is not necessary once you get the restricted area permit. This is valid for the Manaslu trek. But if you have plans on visiting the Annapurna Circuit or Annapurna Base Camp, you must get the TIMS card.
  • Only those trekkers can enter the areas of conservation areas who get themselves the conservation area permit.
  • You must follow the rules and regulations of the conservation areas once you enter there.
  • The Trekking permit fees of restricted area permit, ACAP and MCAP are free for the kids under 10 years old. But you have to go through all the processes to get the permits. Submit necessary documents and acquire the permits.

Manaslu Trekking

Documents Required To Issue Manaslu Trek Permits

To get the trekking permits for Manaslu Circuit trekking, you must submit the following documents to the local trekking agency in Nepal:

  • Original passport with a stamp of Nepal, arrival stamp and an entry visa
  • 4 passport size photos
  • Travel Insurance (it must cover emergency evacuation up to 6000m)
  • Permit fees

Where Can I Get My Permits for Manaslu Circuit Trekking?

You must issue the entry permits for Manaslu trekking before you go. A local trekking agency in Nepal (We: Exciting Nepal) will apply for your permits. Submit all your necessary documents and permit fees to us. we will help you get all your trekking permits.

Issuing the permits at the checkposts en route is not possible in general. However, the checkposts issue them under special circumstances. For doing so, they will charge you additional, nearly as double as the original cost.

It is always better that you get your permits earlier. Take all the entry permits. You have to verify them at the entrance points and the checkpoints en route.

You can issue the entry permits for the Manaslu Conservation area and Annapurna conservation area at the following counters:

  • Nepal Tourism Board Office in Kathmandu
  • Nepal Tourism Board Office in Pokhara
  • Tourist Service Center, Pardi Damside Pokhara (Here you can get the permit for Annapurna Conservation Area only)
  • ACAP Entry Permit Center at Besisahar, Lamjung (They issue permits for Annapurna Conservation Area only)

These counters remain open throughout the week except on the public holidays. The opening hours are from 10am to 5pm every day.

You might also like:


Have you made your mind on trekking to Manaslu region? If yes, let us arrange your trekking permits. Exciting Nepal is a registered trekking agency in Nepal. About Us. We can also arrange for your guides and/or porters. Drop your suggestions and queries if any. Contact Us.